PONY Filter Makeup Plus Apps Recreation

Pony herself with the look she created for Makeup Plus
I'm quite sure you see this look on a lot of people's faces on instagram. This look is actually one of the filter from Chinese photo editing apps named Makeup Plus that was created in collaboration with Pony, a popular Korean  makeup artist. This look is popular because there are many korean entertainer who posted their selfies using this filter. I read that there are total six looks that was created by Pony for this collaboration. But this look is the one that i saw a lot on people's faces. I'm not sure because i can't install any more apps on my phone. *crying like a baby This is also my main reason why i tried to recreate this look. I'm obsess with it! Well, if you can't have it, make it! Right? ;)



Another pic i found on the internet with the same look.

I am sure a lot of you beauty enthusiast have known or saw Pony before. Especially if you're craving asian beauty stuffs like me. She is a korean makeup artist who has a really huge name in asia and she's one of my favorite beauty guru. She had sold a lot of beauty books, did a collaboration with a global makeup company Memebox, and she's even had launched her own cosmetics line on November last year. She's the idol of every asian beauty lovers like me because we wanna be like her.

MY ATTEMPT TO RECREATE PONY'S LOOK
Okay, let's talk about her look on the pic above. I'm gonna try to dechiper this look. Well, this is not the most accurate way to recreate her look i'm sure, but this is what i tried. 

Pony's eyes

Her Eyes: She's wearing this smokey orangey coral eyeshadow on her upper and lower lid, i think she used a light brown eyeshadow as a base to contour her eye socket first and later used all the eyeshadows in orange or coral color range to create the eyes. To top it off, she used a liquid or gel black eyeliner that she drew thinly on the inner corner and thicker on the outer corner of her eyes. Also, i remember that she always tightlining her eyes using a black eyeliner. I think she's not wearing a falsies here but mascara instead. She applied it thickly but neatly on her lower lashes and drew a few underlashes with an eyeliner at the lower outer corner of her eyes. The color of her eyebrows are like a light brown with a little hint of orange. I remember she used a blush to color her brows to match her hair color. So maybe she used blush on her brows too this time. This eye look is working because she's wearing a beautiful blue contact that suits this look reaaaally beautifully.
NYX Every color Imaginable Palette the eyeshadows i used for this look

My eyes

My Eyes: Firtsly, i applied La Tulipe Cosmetics Eye shadow Base. Then, i used a pink blush with a hint of brown to contour my eyes (Maybelline Cheeky Glow in Creamy Cinnamon). I used a pinky orange eyeshadow (number 1, see picture below) all over my upper and lower lid but i make sure to left my inner part of my eyes blank. To further contour my eyes, i used a darker orange eyeshadow (number 2) on my crease line started from outer corner of my eyes and swipe it towards the inner corner. I also applied it on 1/3 outer part of my lower lash line. For my inner corner, i highlight it using the eyeshadow number 3 on the same palette. I exaggerated a bit so that my eyes look bigger. It makes me look like i have a pretty orange circle around my eyes lol. To tightline, i used Loreal Super Liner Gelmatic in black on my upper lash line. For a beautiful winged eyes i used Maybelline Eyestudio Hypersharp Liner in Black and i made sure that it's thicker on the outer corner like Pony's. I curled my lashes and drew three thin lines on my lower outer corner to mimic lashes and later put a lot mascara (Maybelline Big Eyes Waterproof Volume Express Mascara) on it. For my brows, i used a matte dark brown mixed with matte dark grey eyeshadow to reshape it and then applied some Maybelline Fashion Brow 24 Hour Color Matcher Brow Mascara in Dark Brown on top. I pat a bit of blush that i used on my eyes to match Pony's brows. Almost forgot, i wore an X2 Bio Four from Exoticon in Grey Diamonds softlenses for this look.

Pony's lips


Her Lips: Her lips have a nice nudy pink that gradate into corally pink on the inner part of her lips. And she put a lot of clear gloss on top to finish it. 

My lips

My Lips: I used a hot pink lip tint (Aritaum Skinny Tint Pen No. 2) on my inner part and then gradate it with peach lipstick (Sariayu Senandung Rimba Sumatera in Toba 02) and nude pink lipstick (Silky Girl Moisture Boost Lipstick *I don't know the number or name of the shade because it's already erased from the package.) I have to top it off with a clear gloss but i the only gloss i found is my Victoria Secret Flavored Gloss which have a lot of gold glitter and if i used it, it's gonna ruined the whole look lol. So i used a lip balm instead. Pony have a beautiful pouty lips so i highlight my cupid's bow to make my lips look poutier (?). I admit, that i missed here. I mean i supposed to use an orange or coral lippie on my inner lips for a more similar look with Pony. But i saw my pics before using the same products and i thought it was similar with her. So, if you want to recreate her look, make sure to use an orange or coral lip gradient, okay. 

Her Skin and Her Face Tattoo:
In this look she has a silky texture skin which is in between matte and dewy finish. Her face tatoo is also matte, maybe she created it using a pen type liquid eyeliner and put a powder on top of it. Or maybe she used a gel liner with a super thin brush to created it. 

My Face: I mixed Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream and The Body Shop All-In-One BB Cream 02 and applied it all over my face. I concealed my dark circles using Wardah Double Function Kit. Don't forget to contour side of your nose (LT Pro Perfecting Eye Color Refill in EM 03) and the bridge of your nose, i used a light concealer from Wardah Double function Kit. Lastly, i set my face using a Trisia Cosmetics Natural White Loose Powder in Peach White. For a blush, i apply Maybelline Cheeky Glow in Creamy Cinnamon that i used on my eyes earlier. 

My Face Tattoo: Maybelline Eyestudio Hypersharp Liner in Black is my trusted liner to create a small detailed line. But since it dries a bit glossy, you have to put powder on top of it. Candy Clean & Lasting Eyeliner also works beautifully since it has a thin brush. I noticed it has a more opaque color than the Maybelline one. If you wanna try to recreate her face tattoo, make sure to hold your breathe everytime you draw lines, because even a small movement of your body will make the lines jagged. Unless you used to do it. The dots are the simplest part, but the rectangles are the hardest part for me, you'll see that my lines is not perfectly straight. But that's fine. ;) Nobody’s perfect.

And that's it! Done!! Congrats! XD 
Take a lotta selfie and upload it to your social media with a hashtag #ponyfilter and see if people notice it's a real makeup. XP
First selfie

Second selfie

Third selfie, i hope you're not started to get bored of my face XP

I promise this is the last one! XD I really like this look so i want to upload my pics a lot but i'm afraid people will get stomachache or fall in love with me if they see my face too much. XDD 

Overall this look of her is  matched with the tone of her skin and her hair really well. Especially, because she looks so awesome and beautiful on it. That's why i think the key of this look is to get a perfectly matched orange or coral tone for our skin. That's why, i suggest you to find those suitable oranges and corals for you. If you have lighter skin than me, use a lighter color, if you have darker skin, use a darker color. I personally always love a colorful smokey eyes especially peach or orange because it's beautiful and i can use it for a daily statement look. 

I suggest you to try it yourself to do this look, because i feel like an indian or bohemian princess with this look and so will you. But if you can't, just download the apps. Although i'm sure it's gonna be different because you can't feel the makeup on your face. I spent more than an hour to finish this look because the tattoo is the hardest part. When i googled abouth this pony filter, i also stumble accross another Indonesian Beauty Blogger named miss Conietta who also recreate the same look and she even did a video tutorial about the look and the apps. Check her out HERE! 

So, which one do you prefer? Try to recreate it or download the apps? 



2 komentar:

  1. Great tutorial! I wish I can bang those orange-y eye make but since I have tanned skin its probably just sink and blend with my skin color haha

    https://swingingpadma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all this vanity table can be used as a makeup desk or dressing-table. The desk has drawers that are used to keep your belongings. The drawers have knobs that are used for easier opening and closing of the drawer. The desk can also be used to place your computer and work from it.
    best korean waterproof mascara

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.